201 Newbury Street
An iconic corner property at Exeter Street and New England’s most famous shopping thoroughfare, 201 Newbury Street is a multi-floor retail condominium at the front door of the former Prince School building. One of Newbury Street’s busiest intersections and best performing retail blocks, the development is steps away from Copley Square, Hynes Convention Center, Prudential Center, as well as Boston Public Library and its adjacent Boston Marathon finish line.
Newbury Street, Back Bay
+/- 25,000 sq ft of high-street retail space
Roles and Responsibilities
- Asset analysis and place-making strategy
- Retail pre-construction and space planning analysis
- Merchandising plan creation for retail and amenity lease up
- Retail lease transaction services*
- Retail project management - plan review, cost estimating, and pro-forma creation
- Architectural Services – fit planning / lease outline document creation
*Boston Urban has been hired by two separate ownership groups to reposition this asset twice in the last two decades, both times successfully upgrading not only the tenancies and aesthetics of the property with new-to-market and or best-in-class and digitally native brands, but also increasing rents and saving the owners of the property millions of dollars in downtime, potential delays, and construction costs.